Last updated 01.02.21
Website notices and disclaimers
This website is owned by Astro Lighting Inc.
By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions.
1. Except where expressly indicated otherwise, nothing on this website constitutes an offer to enter into a legal relationship between you and Astro Lighting Inc., including but not limited to contractual obligations.
2. While Astro Lighting Inc. takes care and every precaution to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and up to date at the time of loading, monitoring of its content shall be carried out from time to time as Astro Lighting Inc. sees fit. The information on this website is provided "as is" and for general information only and without any warranty of any kind. Astro Lighting Inc. accepts no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage caused as a result of any information contained on this website.
3. Astro Lighting Inc. does not guarantee that this website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
4. Our website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. WE may update, suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons.
5. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you. Our website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
6. Astro Lighting Inc. is not responsible for and makes no endorsement or certification as to the integrity or accuracy of the contents of any third party information included on this website. Astro Lighting Inc. recommends that you verify such information with these parties directly.
7. Astro Lighting Inc. is not responsible for the content of any external sites. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Any links to external sites from this website are undertaken at your own risk and without reliance upon any information, representation or certification from Astro Lighting Inc., its employees or agents.
8. References to any product or service which has been or may be provided by Astro Lighting Inc. or any third party company shall not constitute promises as to the availability of such products or services at any time. Astro Lighting Inc. reserves the right to make any improvements in and/or changes to products and services described on this website at any time without notice.
9. Except as indicated Astro Lighting Inc. or its parents or subsidiaries own the copyright in the contents of this website. All rights are reserved in respect of all trademarks, trade or brand names registered or otherwise, owned or held by Astro Lighting Inc. and/or its parents or subsidiaries.
10. We disclaim all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: use of, or inability to use, our site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website. In particular, we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
11. This website is operated and controlled in the United States of America and is governed by US law. This website is intended for users in the United States. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If you are accessing this website from outside the United States, please be advised that you may be transferring your personal information to us in the United States where data protection and privacy laws may be different than the laws of your country. By using the website, you consent to the transfer and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Intellectual Property Rights
Astro Lighting Inc. owns all copyrights in and to the content displayed on this website (including without limitation photographs and product descriptions).
Astro Lighting Inc. owns the trademark ASTRO LIGHTING, which is registered in the United States and other trademarks and trade dress displayed on this website belonging to Astro Lighting. The trademarks and trade dress of third parties are owned by the respective third parties.
Astro Lighting Inc. has a policy of constant product improvement, and whilst every care has been taken in the production of this website, products supplied may differ in detail from the illustrations and descriptions given and therefore these descriptions and illustrations shall not form part of any contract.
Details of any alterations will be provided on request.
Astro Lighting Inc. only use LEDs from the leading manufacturers. Nevertheless, color temperatures can vary between batches and between manufacturers.
Privacy and data security
At Astro Lighting Inc., your right to online privacy and security is important to us. Below are the guidelines we use for protecting your personal information.
Types of Information Collected
We may collect your personal information when you use the website or contact us. Personal information does not include information that is anonymized, deidentified, aggregate consumer information, and information that is lawfully made publicly available (e.g. from government records). The information we collect may include without limitation:
Your first and last name, marital status, profession, title and gender.
Contact information, including billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number.
Financial information, such as your credit card information.
Transaction information including details about payments to and from you and other details regarding purchases you have made from us, browsing history, and purchase history.
Technical data including your IP address, login data, browser type and language, time zone and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Profile data, such as your password, purchases, orders, interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, and inferences drawn from any such information to create a consumer profile.
Usage data, such as information about how you use the website, products and services.
Marketing and communications data, including your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and third parties and your communication preferences.
How Information is Collected
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal information by completing online forms, by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise, by requesting information from us, by subscribing to our email list, or by purchasing products.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties, such as service providers, business partners, advertising networks, data brokers, and social media platforms and networks.
About "Do Not Track" Signals: "Do Not Track" is a privacy preference that Internet users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track option, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. Like many websites, our website does not at this time react to such requests sent via a Do Not Track signal.
How Information is Shared
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, government request or court order, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Astro Lighting Inc., our customers, or others, or to prevent illegal uses of the website, or defend ourselves against third party claims. This may also include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the process of fraud prevention or investigation and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose your personal information to (i) affiliate partners with whom we may jointly provide services or sell product lines; (ii) service providers processing information for business purposes on our behalf, for example, to process credit cards and payments, arrange shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features; (iii) third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on activity, collect demographic data, analyze performance metrics, and collect and evaluate other information related to the website; (iv) other parties where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer your personal information in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
As noted above, third party service providers have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your information will be handled by these providers.
You may also ask at any time to be informed about the personal data that Astro Lighting Inc. holds about you and request, as appropriate, correction or deletion.
How Information is Used
We may send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services that may be of interest to you. Such information may encompass alerts to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new products and services.
Personal Information that is collected through the website may be used:
To bill you for products and services, ship products, send orders, and process and fulfill orders and transactions;
To provide you with information about our company, products, events, and promotions;
To get in touch with you when necessary;
To serve our own internal business purposes, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, processing payments, and performing analytics;
To conduct internal research for research, development and product improvement;
To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or product and to improve, upgrade or enhance the service or product;
To tailor our visitor's experience at our website, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences;
For short-term transient use, such as customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
For marketing or advertising;
For services of third parties that you authorize;
In a de-identified or aggregate format; and
In the case of IP Addresses, to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, help identify you and your shopping cart, and gather broad demographic information.
Opting Out of Communications
If you do not want to receive such mailings any longer,
notify us by emailing [email protected] or by calling toll free 1.800.240.7071 by clicking the unsubscribe link.
How Information is Protected
We have put in place appropriate security measures to help protect your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach as required.
Consumer Privacy For California Residents
If you are a California resident, the processing of certain personal data about you may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and other applicable California state privacy laws. Beginning January 1, 2020, the CCPA gives you certain rights with respect to the processing of your Personal Information.
This section provides additional privacy disclosures and informs you of key additional rights as a California resident.
Right to Know Request:
Under the CCPA, you have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the prior 12 months, and ask that we provide you with the following information:
Categories of and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
Purposes for collecting, using, or selling (if applicable) personal information.
Categories of third parties with which we share personal information.
Categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
If applicable, categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which the personal information was sold.
To make a verifiable request for information about the personal information we have collected about you, please email us at [email protected].
Right to Delete Request:
Under the CCPA, you also have a right to request that we delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. You may exercise your right to delete by emailing us at [email protected]. Once your request is verified and we have determined that we are required to delete that information in accordance with applicable law, we will delete your personal information accordingly. Your request to delete your personal information may be denied if it is necessary for us to retain your information under one or more of the exceptions listed in the CCPA. Please note that a record of your deletion request may be kept pursuant to our legal obligations.
We do not knowingly collect household data. If all the members of a household makes a Right to Know or Right to Delete request, we will respond as if the requests are individual requests.
General Requests under CCPA:
You may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information twice per 12-month period. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
Requests made through Agents:
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney document, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose:
In the last 12 months, we may have disclosed certain personal information (e.g., username; display name; email address; billing information and history; business information, if applicable) to third party recipients for one or more business purposes.
California Privacy Rights under the "Shine the Light" Law:
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code (a separate law from the CCPA), residents of California have the right to ask us for a notice describing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties or among our affiliated companies, for their direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please send an email message to [[email protected]] with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line and body of your message. Please allow 30 days for a response.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. To the extent that we sell any children's products, they only for purchase by adults. We do not direct our site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of eighteen.
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit personal information to us. You must be 18 years of age or older to place an order on the site or participate in one of our online promotions.
If you are a minor (under the age of 18), you can use our website only in conjunction with your parent's or guardian's permission. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at [email protected].
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify users of such changes by posting a revised policy on this page. Such changes will be effective immediately upon posting of the revised policy to the website. We encourage you to check back periodically so that you are always aware of any such changes.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please email us at [email protected].
© Astro Lighting Inc. 2018-2021.
All trademarks, concepts and copy remain the property of Astro Lighting Inc. unless otherwise agreed in writing. Copying or distribution of this information is prohibited.